- Catriona Millar Exclusive Prints
- Fresh Outlooks 8 - 29 April 2017
- The Seasons of Argyll J L Morrison 4 Mar-1 April '17
- . January Showcase 28 Jan-25 Feb 2017
- .The Landscape in Cloth and Paint 10 Sep - 1 Oct
- Into Summer at Gallery Q 11 June - 16 July 2016
- Jack Knox 26 March - 22 April 2016
- Claire Harkess and the Christmas Exhibition 28 Nov-23 Jan '16
- Gift Vouchers
- Mixed Media
- Q Collection
Gallery Q participates in Own Art - a national initiative that makes buying contemporary art and craft affordable by letting you spread the cost of your purchase over 10 months with an interest free loan.
JANE CRUICKSHANK was born in 1976. She studied Fine Art at Gray's School of Art, Aberdeen, completing her Master of Arts degree in 1999. She has won numerous awards and scholarships including the Cooper and Lybrand Competition in 1996, John Kinross Scholarship to Florence in 1997 and the James Torrence Memorial Award from the Royal Glasgow Institute in 1998.
She has exhibited her paintings widely and has shown very successfully at Art Fairs in London and Glasgow. Using recognisable subject matter she employs an intense realism in her paintings. Subjects have a luminescence and clarity that makes them appear as if they could move off the canvas. Her work is immediately accessible.
Jane says, “ I started painting the figure while at art college - mainly self-portraits or members of the family, usually on large canvases with the figure placed off centre to create an image of vulnerability. Pattern and surface is a tool that I use to explore how the dominance of appearance manipulates the identity.”
Click here to find out more.