- Catriona Millar Exclusive Prints
- Fresh Outlooks 8 - 29 April 2017
- The Seasons of Argyll J L Morrison 4 Mar-1 April '17
- . January Showcase 28 Jan-25 Feb 2017
- .The Landscape in Cloth and Paint 10 Sep - 1 Oct
- Into Summer at Gallery Q 11 June - 16 July 2016
- Jack Knox 26 March - 22 April 2016
- Claire Harkess and the Christmas Exhibition 28 Nov-23 Jan '16
- Gift Vouchers
- Mixed Media
- Q Collection
Gallery Q participates in Own Art - a national initiative that makes buying contemporary art and craft affordable by letting you spread the cost of your purchase over 10 months with an interest free loan.
Maggie Milne is a painter of portraits and the human figure. In portraiture, she strives to achieve the physical likeness of her sitters, and create an atmosphere through the use of colour, shape and texture. She tries in each portrait to discover something of the character of the subject. In her nude studies, she uses the gestural, abstract properties of paint, colour and line to suggest movement, mood and emotional expression. Recent developements in her work have created a more geometric feel to her figure paintings with the use of many small triangular plains to describe form.
She graduated from Duncan of Jordanstone College, University of Dundee, in 1979 and has worked as a freelance portrait painter ever since, developing her business, photographic and computer skills along the way. She was appointed Artist in Residence at the Crawford Centre, St. Andrews in 1984 and at Eden Court Theatre in 1992. She has won numerous awards and scholarships, the most recent being the City of Glasgow Prize, Royal Glasgow Institute in 2001. In January 2004 I appeared on the BBC programme " Star Portraits" presented by Rolf Harris.
Click here to find out more.